The International Institute of Chocolate and Cacao Tasting offers a Level 1 Certificate in Chocolate Tasting held right here at Copenhagen Hospitality College.
About the course
Level 1 takes you through the basics of what is fine chocolate and the sensory elements used in chocolate tasting.
Held over a one day workshop, the Level 1 course provides a good grounding in chocolate tasting and includes tasting of 9 or more different origin or blended fine dark chocolate bars, tasted in different forms for an understanding of aroma, length, texture and taste.
The course finishes with a 30 minute multiple choice exam based on the course content. Certificates will be issued upon achieving a pass mark.
None. The Level 1 chocolate tasting course is open to all comers, and is suitable for profesionals and enthusiasts.
- What is fine chocolate
- Train the chocolate senses
- Taste and profile fine chocolate
- The main origins and varieties of cacao
- How cacao is produced
- How chocolate is made
- Recognize flaws in chocolate
- Direct sourcing, sustainability and ethics
- Take away study guide
- Certificate for exam passes
Who should take this course?
This course would be perfect for you if:
- You love chocolate, and want to know more about the craft
- You work in the catering/pastry/fine chocolate industries and want to improve your clients’ experience
- You are considering launching a fine chocolate business
- You want to buy a fascinating and unique gift for someone
- You want to see just how good your palate is for chocolate.
Where and when
Hotel- og Restaurantskolen, Vigerslev Alle 18, 2500 Valby
Thursday the 15 of March 2018 from 9:30am to 5:00pm
Price 1500,- dkr.