We are looking for our next hard-working apprentice who is eager to learn, prepare meal ingredients and assist with various kitchen duties in a hectic but positive environment. To be successful as a Commis Chef, you should demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner. Ultimately, an outstanding Commis Chef should be able to follow all instructions and comply with food health and safety regulations.
You will join a small but experienced team of chefs who will become your role models in your daily training and understanding of this role. We put an honor in creating a restaurant experience where all guests wish to come back and enjoy the amazing food being created in our kitchen and this is where you come in. You will be our apprentice, but we will also make sure you are a part of our daily responsibilities so that we can help you become the chef you dream of.
Areas of Responsibility
• Accurately measuring meal ingredients for the Chef de Partie
• Preparing meal ingredients, as well as washing, peeling, and chopping vegetables and fruits
• Preparing basic salads and sauces as directed by the Chef de Partie
• Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality
• Taking inventory of restaurant supplies and notifying the supervisor of low or depleted supplies
• Performing basic cleaning duties and ensuring that workstations are properly sanitized
• Plating and presenting meal items as per the Chef de Partie’s instructions
• A food handler’s license
• Proven commercial kitchen experience
• Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations
• The ability to stand for extended periods
• The ability to work under pressure
• Excellent organizational skills
• Effective communication skills
Guidelines for Application
Start date will be agreed upon by apprentice and head chef. Work address: Bremerholm 6, 1069 Copenhagen K. Please send your CV with a picture and a short resume attached to General Manager Pardis Kaskin; firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for sending us your application is 1st of June 2021.