Full-time baker wanted ASAP
About the job
Dough Girls is known for making high-quality doughnuts: fresh and from scratch every day using the best ingredients.
We’re hiring a team of bakers who will be responsible for preparing yeasted & choux doughnuts, savoury pastries, glazes, fillings and toppings five days a week. You’ll also be able to flex your creativity by making customised doughnuts as well as letter doughnuts to order.
What we’re looking for…
- Professional experience as a baker or pastry chef that has worked with yeasted & choux doughs.
- The hours will be 00.00 until 09.00. We promise you’ll have 2 consecutive days off a week.
- Someone who isn’t afraid of cleaning – it’s a necessary part of the job. You’ll clean as-you-go and tidy the kitchen at the end of your shift – ready for the next shift to begin after you (as they will for you when it’s your turn in the kitchen). You’ll be vacuuming, mopping, wiping surfaces, washing dishes and generally keeping the kitchen and equipment spotlessly and hygienically clean at all times.
- Highly motivated and with a positive, flexible, “let’s do this!” attitude. A good humour is always appreciated!
- Good at troubleshooting problems quickly (taking it as a personal challenge to figure out what went wrong) and being open to feedback.
- Genuinely take pride in everything you do: you truly understand that each product is special to the customer ordering it and needs to look its best, every time.
- Someone who thrives in an ever-changing environment and who can be flexible. Our menu changes monthly and we offer customised doughnuts: if you’re not comfortable with constant changes and prefer fixed autonomous tasks – sadly, this isn’t the job for you.
- Experience preparing and following production schedules, stock order requests, and generally keeping an eye on inventory to make sure we don’t run out.
- Able to make a variety of things like: jams, custards, buttercream, mousses, ganaches, caramels, tempering chocolate, and various other toppings like caramel popcorn, meringues (both soft and hard), marshmallows, etc.
- Food hygiene qualifications and/or advanced knowledge of safe food practices. Labelling, FIFO, and hygiene reporting is a crucial part of the role.
- A true passion for sustainability and honesty in food.
- Looking for a long-term job
- Experience with organic ingredient reporting and maintaining official organic certification.
- Knowledge of British & Australian baking techniques and savouries (sausage rolls, crumpets, English muffins, pasties, etc.)Send your motivational letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking to hire someone as soon as possible.