The family-owned Celtic Ross Hotel, a “Good Food Ireland” accredited hotel, prides itself on providing a high level of service to our guests. An opportunity has become available in our hotel for a pastry chef. If you are a highly motivated and talented individual who wishes to progress your career please contact us.
The ideal candidate should have 3 years experience in a busy kitchen environment, is passionate about food and customer satisfaction.
Experience in a 3*/ 4* hotel would be beneficial to understanding the responsibilities of a pastry chef in such surroundings.
The ideal candidate must be able to work under pressure and be a team player.
- A good knowledge of classical & fine dining, modern contemporary & ethnic pastry techniques.
- A good understanding of flavours, textures and presentation of food.
- Adherence to strict cooking guidelines and standards of procedures in place.
- Ability to create new dishes for the pastry menu’s.
- A good knowledge of patisserie and a good eye for presentation
- Take responsibility for the planning and execution of the pastry menus in conjunction with the Executive Chef, including the a la carte menu, afternoon tea and function menus.
- Be responsible for adhering to hygiene & safe working practices.
- Maintaining high standards of safety and hygiene in terms of personnel and equipment, including the ability to take action if necessary.
- Be available for lunch and dinner prep and service.
- Maintaining daily HACCP records
This role offers a competitive salary and the scope to personalise and expand the role. Staff accomodation is avaliable.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to, Celtic Ross Hotel, HR Department, Rosscarbery, Co. Cork or email email@example.com